Sunday, March 7, 2010

Good Morning!

Well it is Sunday morning 9:06 am...I am Mom & Dad's house. We came over last night for dinner and it turned into a sleep-over! I totally lost track of time last night and before I knew it, it was almost 11:00. So, we left, got halfway down the road and decided to turn around and spend the night. One HUGE perk is that Dad is now in the kitchen making homemade waffles!! I can't wait! (I guess I am skipping the diet this morning...oh well)

Bailey has become quite the little reader. They are doing two different contest at school for reading. 1) They have a certain number of books they are supposed to read each month from now until the end of May. If they reach their goal at the end of each month they get a ball to use at the Spring Fling to try and dunk their teacher in the dunking booth. 2) The child that reads the most books in the grade gets a special award on awards day. Needless to say she is reading like crazy! She started yesterday and is working on book #6 right now. Her reading skills have really impressed me. Right now she is ready The Cat & the Hat. She has not asked for any help so far. She reads way faster than I thought she should be able to and also she reads with alot of expression! I think a lot of this is just my really smart child and two I think she really has a great teacher this year. We Love Mrs. Langston!!!

I have a new found love for thrift stores and consignment sales. Over the past week I have been to 2 thrift stores and 3 consignment sales. I have really gotten some great stuff for the girls for the spring and summer. Some things were brand new with the tags on them and I didn't pay more than $4 for anything! Now I really think I have an addiction. Oh well...at least I'm not addicted to the mall...right???

Well, I smell bacon so I think this is all for today. Oh...one more thing. Callie did have a fever all day on Thursday and was diagnosed with strep throat. She woke up Friday morning with no fever and has been fine since.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You updated! We all love the daily details of the Cox fam so keep the stories coming!

    PS: There is a HUGE consignment sale in Atlanta on 3/20. I don't think I am going to be able to make it. Let me know if your addiction continues (if you're interested), and I will send the details.

    ReplyDelete