Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prom Time!!!

Today I have been reminded of a day maybe 11 years ago for me. Prom Day. Do you remember your prom? I do remember mine. I was so excited. I tanned for months preparing for this wonderful day. I searched and searched for a dress and ended up with the perfect one which I actually bought from a friend. What do you call that kind of look when the color changes depending on what light you are in? Iridescent! That's it. Mine was iridescent purple and green. I loved it! My aunt came over and did my hair and make-up. I'm just going to say it...I was HOT!!!!
I went with a guy that I was basically just friends with. We went on a few dates but nothing ever came of that relationship. We went with my best friend, Brandy, and her boyfriend, now husband, Jeff. We ate at the Olive Garden, went to the prom, went bowling, and then finally went back to Brandy's house where her mom had fixed a HUGE breakfast. I remember she had the dining room table set with all of her finest silver serving dishes and china. It was a night to remember.
My first reminder of this day was this morning on the way home from my niece's t-ball game. I drove past the local high school, there was a teenage couple standing in the grass having their picture made. The prom must have started super early today because this was around 10:00 and they were already dressed and ready to go. Now...we live in Corner, Alabama...I know that this is pretty much considered the country. Yes there are rednecks and yes on my way to work, school, church, and pretty much anywhere else I usually see cows, horses, and occasional chickens. BUT...I don't care Where you live, the sight I saw this morning it COMPLETELY uncalled for!!! The girl had on a long strapless dress. It was black lace with some kind of blue peeping through...not really that pretty. The guy was awful!!! He had on a black tux with a camo vest and a camo ball hat. Can you say RED???? Yes, this was about as Redneck as you get.
I can't help but wonder what the remaining part of there day will be like. Where will they go for dinner? What will they do for fun afterwards? I really wonder if in their heads they actually think they look good? I have no idea. Also...is this the new trend? I really have a hard time thinking so. Johnny's cousin attends this same school and I am 100% sure that she will not be dressed this way nor will her date. But, I do plan on asking her if this couple attended the prom and if there were any others dressed so nice.
So, to anyone attending the prom tonight or anytime soon have fun and be safe. To those of you who ever went to the prom...what did you wear, who did you go with, what did you do???? Do you remember???????

No comments:

Post a Comment