Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pissoir

Throughout Europe, keep an eye (and a nose) out for freestanding public urinals called pissoirs (a French word describing the activity that takes place there)

Yes, I am about to post about potties.

This line and picture was taken from the MSN homepage today. Does anyone else find this somewhat odd? I was opening up the internet today and this is what I saw. It is interesting to me that on the homepage of MSN you can see 11 different pictures of different places to...relieve yourself. I did learn that if I am ever out of the country (which I probably do not have to worry about) I will need to carry extra change just in case the occasion risen that I should need to use one of these facilities...They charge to use the restroom and then more if you want toilet paper.

I also find it interesting that the people of Japan take such pride in their "pissoir". Over half of the population in Japan have high-tech toilets. They will do everything from cleaning to massaging your hiney. You have always heard the phrase "Sh** or get off the pot" well if I lived in Japan I just think I might have to Sh** and STAY ON the pot.


OK - Two more pictures then I will Shut up about toilets.



24-karat Solid Gold Toilet...Who would not want to use this one??????



Absolutely NO Possible way I could hit this...I would have to grow an appendage (I really don't see that happening either)

2 comments:

  1. You must have really been bored today. Guess I need to call your boss to give you some more work to do, instead of reading about toilets....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to use a squatty potty while in China..... one must do what one needs to do!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete